Join us for a Beginners Hand-building Workshop, where we will introduce you to the wonderful world of Pottery.
Pottery is a very soothing activity as it allows us to reconnect with our mind and body. It awakens our creativity and helps us to stay present and, in the moment, so that we can unwind, relax and forget all our worries.
You will learn:
- About the ceramics process
- About the different stages of clay
- Basic hand-building techniques
- How to decorate your ceramics using tools
- How to manipulate and join clay
What it includes:
- 3 hour fully guided, step-by-step session on basic hand building techniques
- All the clay for the session
- Making 2 - 3 x Ceramic pieces
- 2 x Firings
- Glazing in a beautiful shiny transparent glaze
- All pottery tools, decorating tools, equipment and aprons to use on the day
- A beautifully curated gift bag with lovely local goodies
Who can attend:
- Children: 7 years and up
- No pottery experience required
Place: The workshop will be held at our home in Sandown, Johannesburg.
Date and Time: Saturday 28th May 10:00 - 13:00
Cost: R880 per person
- After you complete your ceramics at the workshop, we will fire and glaze them for you.
- They will be completed after 3-4 weeks and we will contact you to let you know that they are ready.
- You can either arrange to collect your ceramics from us or have them delivered to you via courier, both options are available on check out.
At the end of the workshop, you will:
- Have a deeper understanding as well as love and appreciation for pottery
- Have learnt basic hand building techniques
- Feel relaxed and restored from disconnecting and being creative
T’s & C’s:
- Workshops will be given to a maximum of 5 people.
- Strict Covid protocols will be followed during the workshop. Social distancing and sanitisation measures will be in place. Masks will be worn during the workshop.
- We will try our utmost to ensure the success of your finished pots. Clay is, however, a complicated material and sometimes things can go wrong which is out of our control. Should anything happen to your pot during the process, we will let you know.